Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I am Thankful

It's so easy to look at other people's lives and put them on a pedestal. Especially these days with Facebook and other social networks. You keep asking yourself, Why can't I be like them? Why am I not as fashionable? Why is my house not as nice? You start to think that one picture encompasses their whole life. It's easy to forget all the things you should be thankful for. Today I decided to write a list of reasons why I should be thankful for my life.

  1. I have a loving family and husband who support me and my dreams.
  2. I have an amazing career that I love.
  3. I am able to go to grad school to further my education.
  4. I have amazing friends and no matter where I am in the world I know they would be there in a heartbeat if I needed them too.
I want to add a second list more specific to my current situation. I am between jobs which is very difficult for me. I've always been an "on the go" kind of person and I love to work. It's been hard to sit at home all day and sometimes I forget that every situation creates new opportunities.

  1. I can use this time to work on craft projects that have been sitting idly by for some time.
  2. I can practice cooking. (Trust me I NEED it)
  3. I can take classes and try new things that I normally wouldn't have time for.
  4. I can read all day if I choose.
  5. I can workout more often.
  6. I can actually decorate our apartment!
  7. I can sit back, take a breath and reorganize my life.
There are so many more I could name but even writing down these few reasons makes me feel thankful and happier about my life. Sometimes its better to stop looking at other peoples lives and instead live your own.

No comments: