Monday, September 26, 2011

Meet Eleanor

Hullo all! For today's post I thought I would introduce you to my sewing machine, Eleanor!

Ta-da! Eleanor was given to my mother by my grandmother in the 80's. I would use her occasionally but she mostly lived in the garage unused until I found a Singer dealer that could tune her up. Now that shes been to the sewing "spa" she is refreshed and ready for use! Ive already created a few things with her and I started going to a sewing class on base. I'm so glad she could be fixed! I was searching for a machine for YEARS but could never settle on one. I don't like how newer machines are all plastic-y, I feel like they would crumble after a few uses! Eleanor is a tough ole bird and all metal. The only thing she really needed was a face lift. She came with an AWFUL pink and cream case and I quickly decided it had to go. Rather than chunk it (it really is a very sturdy case,) I decided to spray paint it! Here's new and improved Eleanor!

You can't tell in the picture but I also sprayed the entire thing with glitter spray. I wish I had taken a picture of her before but I couldn't find my camera. She looks so pretty now!!! Just in case you are wondering she is a Singer Merritt 2404!

No comments: